Executive Director Position
Job Title: Executive Director
Accountability: ARC Rutland Area Board of Directors
Type: Full-Time salaried position 40 hours per week
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of ARC Rutland Area and manage its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements .
- Provide leadership, direction, and vision sustaining ARC Rutland Area’s mission statement Mission.
- Assist the Board of Directors in developing a strategic plan that incorporates and advances the goals and objectives of ARC Rutland Area.
- Prepare and send out agenda for and attend all Board meetings and Board committee meetings. Provide the Board with current information about ARC’s progress towards fulfilling the strategic plan and mission statement. Mail out the minutes.
- Find new funding/fundraising opportunities, write grant proposals, and review contracts.
- Secure funding from the city and surrounding towns through petitions to get on their ballots every year for funding.
- Oversee preparation and management of the annual budget. ,
- Provide business management skills, including following a budget, tracking revenues and expenses, maintaining financial and personnel records, and prioritizing the use of resources.
- Hire, supervise, mentor, and evaluate staff; conduct performance reviews annually, and, when necessary, terminate staff with input and approval from the board of directors.
- Attend functions and events and run programs such as the Self-Advocacy Group and Aktion Club
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and conduct rigorous data-driven program evaluations,
- Responsible for marketing and public relations through newspapers, radio, PegTV, social media, press releases, public speaking, trainings, and our newsletters and brochures. Act as the organization’s primary spokesperson and representative. Increase community awareness and understanding of DD.
- Maintain a clearinghouse of information on Developmental Disabilities for members and others to keep all apprised of program or legislative changes on federal, state, and local levels. Send this information out via our listserve.
- Establish and maintain strong, respectful, and caring working relationships with self-advocates, community groups, legislators, funding agencies, and other organizations (Vt Developmental Disabilities Council, Green Mountain Self Advocates, Community Access Program (CAP), to name just a few.)
- Stay abreast of current social and political issues related to ARC Rutland Area services, and anticipate future trends likely to have an impact on services.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values and encourages exceptional performance.
- Maintains Confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and at least 5 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and obtain funding to support staff and services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking in front of groups, with community leaders, and with elected officials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Publisher; Quickbooks; WordPress.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Friendly, compassionate, patient, likes to dance, and is able to build harmonious working relationships with clients, co-workers, and the general public.
Salary will be based on experience; ranging in the $18.75 to $20.00/hr
Send Executive Director Cover letter and resume with references to [email protected], if your resume doesn’t have all the information on our application please fill one out and send in as well Job Application