Above: Self Advocates Jessie Traverse and Tony Buck along with ARC Executive Director Diane Drake testified before the Human Services Committee at the Vermont State House in Montpelier on March 1, 2023 for Disability Awareness Day. Jessie also met up with an old friend, Rep. Mary Howard. You can see their testimony at https://tinyurl.com/muvpda9b
Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered Rutland (SABE-R)
- Learn self-advocacy skills to stand up for their rights
- Learn independent living skills
- Members set and achieve individual and group goals
- Speak and act for themselves
- Speak to Legislators about their needs
- Educate the community about their abilities
- Attend Voices and Choices Conference in Burlington
SABE-R is affiliated with Green Mountain Self Advocates. Individuals learn social, life and advocacy skills necessary to be empowered.
Members identify and use their abilities while bringing inclusion, joy and fun!
SABE-R holds monthly meetings, educational and social events throughout the year.