[ DOWNLOAD NEWSLETTER ] … [Read more...]
DOWNLOAD NEWSLETTER … [Read more...]
ARC Rutland Area’s July 2019 Activities
ARC IS CLOSED JULY 4th in observance of Independence Day! Have a safe and happy holiday.
* Every Tuesday/Adaptive Fitness and Thursday/Game on! @ Fitness Made Fun!
with VT Adaptive Staff 3:30 PM. Come Play. Stay Active. Be Well!
Are you going? Are you Moving?
*Tuesday, July 9th: Self Advocates meeting, 6:30 pm at the Education and Wellness Center.
*NO ARC BOARD MEETING JULY
*Tuesday, July 23rd : Aktion club meeting, 6:30pm at the Godnick Center.
*Stay Tuned for Self Advocates bake sale and carwash info! To be announced!
Need transportation to one of these events? Give ARC a call at least 24 hours in advance!
ARC’s 2019 Memberships are now payable! Remember that you MUST have current membership to apply for the Maggie Pak Award in the fall!
Call 775-1370 for a ride or current info.
Or go to our website at: www.arcrutlandarea.org
\\ARCNAS\Lisa\ARC Advocacy\ARC Monthly Activities
* Support the Self Advocacy Group.
* Support the Rutland Family Support Network (RFSN).
* Educate People with Developmental Disabilities about legislation and programs so they can advocate for their needs.
* Advocate for needs of people with developmental disabilities through the service systems.
* Advocate for transportation needs.
* We use the RFSN listserv to query services requested by individuals AND to inform people about workshops, trainings, etc.
* We connect people in our community with brochures and resources about programs that can assist them.
* We attend United Way functions & events.
* Additional resources provided include, assistance finding a personal care attendant or respite-provider, facilitating the Rutland Family Support Network, hosting monthly support potlucks, Sibshops,and guidance on how to build a circle of support.
* We provide Representative Payee Services- people live in the community, we care for their shelter, clothing and food.
* We host six events a year. These events include dances and parties.
* We encourage people with disabilities to create their Circle of Support
* We provide the local media with a listing of all events and maintain a calendar.
* We provide transportation to our events
128 Merchants Row
Rutland, VT 05701
Our work depends on the support of our generous members. Please make a donation today.
When you do your Holiday shopping at AmazonSmile (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/03-6003364), Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Arc Rutland Area Inc.
I pledge that I will not use the words “retard” or “retarded” in a derogatory way.